LEG 2: NASHVILLE TO KANSAS CITY
1. There was a traffic jam on I-24 in Nashville, so I detoured up US-431 out of the city. Super cute little town. I stand by my previous post: Get off the expressway when you can. You never know what you will see.
2. I have previously suggested to Apple that they need to add a feature to Maps that lets you have a start and end point, but where you can detour off of the route if you want to go to Starbucks or something. Basically, it would search for Starbucks’ along the route. Well, they haven’t added that feature yet, but I did find an app that was made just for this purpose. It’s called TripStop. It’s a fairly nice app that I think accomplishes the job well. My only constructive feedback would be that I think the input boxes could be made bigger so they are more easily tappable while driving. Also, if no results return, it would be nice if it let you know how far you would have to go to find the thing you are looking for.
3. There’s a road in Paducah, TN called Husband Road. I wonder what happens on that road that someone came up with that name?
4. Whatever happened to The Dave Matthews Band? One of their songs came on and I realized I haven’t heard about them in a little while.
5. Holy shit its cold up north. I did not plan well for this.
6. Panera Bread is known as St. Louis Bread Company in St. Louis. Other than people who live there, I suppose, who knew?
7. Rest stops can be a bit creepy when they are empty except for some truckers and it’s dark outside. I almost locked both doors while I was in there. But then I remembered I kickbox. I could take ’em, right?
8. Facebook recently updated their app and it’s killing my battery. Ugh.
9. St. Louis is quite a sleepy town. But they have a really big arch.
All in all, a pretty uneventful day.